Monday, December 12, 2005

I hear the clock, it's 6 a.m.
I feel so far from where I've been

One of the main reasons I love living off campus is so that I can say things like, "When I lived in the dorms ..." I would, of course, follow that sentence will all my crazy escapades. Escapades like moving benches IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, stalking people I didn't know, copying every CD in the dorm onto my computer, and reading, all the reading.

In about four and a half days I will no longer be "full-time undergrad student." This means that I will start saying things like, "when I was an undergrad." I CANNOT WAIT TO SAY THIS.

My life changed a lot during my time at the university and while my first two years could be defined by staying up all night and finding boys and all the reading my latter years were so completely different. I started working full time and I started living life entirely differently. Better differently but so different from the life of a college student that I felt like the earlier years were another life.

I never knew what to call that time.

I'm not sure what to call this new time now either. In the meantime, I'm going to start rolling out the "when I was an undergrad" stories. Be prepared to be shocked by the escapades.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not expecting us to listen to your undergrad stories, are you?

December 13, 2005 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be cool to be a butterfly and say, "This one time when I was a chrysalis ..."

December 13, 2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

Wouldn't it be cool to be a movie star and say, "This one time when I worked with Matthew Macfadyen..."

December 13, 2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

This one time I was working with Matthew Macfayden. I was at the P&P audition and they were testing our chemistry. Well, turns out, it was SO HOT that people would this we were sleeping together and Elizabeth Bennett isn't a slut. That's actually why I didn't get the part and the real reason I hate Keira Knightly.

December 13, 2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

And all this time I thouht you were my friend. Well, you know what? I... uh... have HOT CHEMISTRY with... uh... Colin Firth... I mean Colin Farrell... I mean Will Farrell. Oh nevermind.

December 13, 2005 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pull up an ice block and lend an ear as I tell you a story about the investigatory journalist that investigatoried no more. That's right she passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel, only to decide she hated journalism and her friends. Now she has an office job with her own office and computer. And she will be featured in the lame campus publication Inside Story. No, not "ooo fancy." I wrote in one paragraph. Very yes.

December 13, 2005 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home