Friday, December 02, 2005

There's a reason hygiene begins with high

I have brown hair. This will come as bad news to my mother who has told people for the entirety of my life that my hair is, "strawberry blonde." This also comes as bad news to those people who tell blonde jokes because people, I'm not your average brunette, I mean I have a strong personality (P.S. I LOVE blonde jokes).

The shampoo makers, on the other hand, are really excited about my hair color. So excited that they made two different flavors of brunette shampoo: "nutmeg to dark chcolate" and "toffee to almond." And by flavor, I do not mean they taste like dessert. Apparently my hair is supposed to fall in those color ranges.

Well, I settled on the latter and I people noticed.

"Hey, Abs, did you get a hair cut?"

"Did you do something different with your hair?"

"I really like your hair today."

It's either the secret ingredient, "leaf extract," or the fact that I washed it.

Since all good things come in pairs (Mary-Kate and Ashley, for example) I decided I needed to get the conditioner too.

And my mom can't totally be lying about the hair, so I thought maybe the "cherry bark extract" in the redhead conditioner would bring out my natural color.

I think it did. Or my hair's just clean.

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

People TOTALLY noticed when I started using that stuff. And then I totally noticed that I could buy shampoo at Trader Joe's for $2.50 and use what I saved to buy Starbucks.

Hopefully my fatter wallet draws the attention away from my dull, cherry bark-less hair.

December 03, 2005 8:44 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I think you nailed it when you considered that maybe your hair is just clean. :)

It is red - just ask your grandmothers!

December 03, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

I like your hair.

Again, I like your hair, a lot! Silky, shiny,soft and straight it looks and probably feels!

One thing I love, good hair.

Whatever the shampoo, or the conditioner or the serum. It's working Abigail!

December 05, 2005 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home