Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hot.

We used the heater for the first time last night. It had gotten to the point where even with a comforter, a down, and a quilt I was still waking up in the middle of the night from the cold.

And in the morn, when it was still dark outside it is so hard to climb out of bed and light the candlestick. I go out to the barn to milk to cows and we all look around blinkingly.

Oh, wait, that's not me.

Me?

I lay in bed for the better half of ten minutes. I think about what to wear and whether or not my job is really worth showing up for (it's not). Then I stumble out into the kitchen, turn on the coffee maker and will Heather to get out of bed (this is the same will power I use to stop the hiccups. It's very effective).

Then I put on layers (lots of them) and drink coffee and try to keep my eyes open long enough to put on mascara (mascara makes it look like I've been awake, dressed, and chipper for hours rather than the reality).

Now that we use the heater, I've gained ten minutes that I previously spent bemoaning my chilled existence.

Today, I had eggs.

Tomorrow, who knows, I might do something crazy. Like blog IN THE MORNING.

Ha, yeah right. Tomorrow I'm getting ten minutes more of sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Heaters are invaluable. I prefer fireplaces though - charming and romantic.I want a fireplace, in every room. But for now I bow to the heater.

I have mastered the trick of sleeping with my eyes open from Herr Ring. It comes in handy. ;)

December 01, 2005 1:23 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Abigail, from the girl who would wake up at 5am to study, I have transformed into a uni student who wakes up at 10:30am everyday. Aaah, the joys of sleeping in.

Yep, I had to rub it in ;)

December 01, 2005 3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People don't realize that even though Weather.com says it will be 70 degrees in Southern California, it is actually as cold as Vostok on that fateful day in 1983 (see fact number 2).

And Abigail, when are you going to wise up and realize that you too can sleep in like me. Every morning, you greet me right outside my door, often wearing only a blanket and a laptop.

December 01, 2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Hey, Ghee, I tagged you.

Lists of Seven.

mom

December 01, 2005 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home