Monday, November 28, 2005

Sluggo and Sluggo, Inc. go to Chicago (A Photo Essay)

The partners in crime before departure. There are about a hundred other pictures exactly like this (never give Sally the digital camera).


The view from our totally cheap and totally sketchy parking structure. It was half as much as the structure across the street and besides, they wouldn't steal my car anyway. There's too much dog hair in it.


Anna is holding the city inside her hat. Yeah, I don't get it either.


Look! The espresso brownies in Chicago have icing. Even Starbucks is better in Chicago.


Three pictures of the mecca. I need to show the magnitude as well as the height, and of course the Anna.




I didn't find much here, sadly, because most of their clothes looked like this:

Since I live in The Land That Never Gets Colder Than 70 I resisted the outerwear funness.

Also, I discovered the source of all their power:


Then we went to Uno's for Chicago Style Pizza.


However, the restaurant is about the size of a shoebox so we waited 75 minutes to get these stellar seats which are actually in the bar (this is not the same as being at the bar).


Here you can see our server (who did not tell us him name) getting our drinks. My drink was sub-par because they "ran out of cherry juice," he said. CHERRY JUICE? What is this, a Welch's commercial? Where I come from we call it Grenadine.


But the pizza was still life-changing and I'd go back in an instant.


And here's the view from our parking structure at night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Awwwwwwww....

Hey, I LIKE knowing we got the picture ! Plus, I think I commented on the ability to "click, click, click, click, click, clickity click..."

My girls. Sigh.

Come back for Christmas..

code word: texookkl (that's Texan style okaydookles)

November 29, 2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger scott said...

Cool photos. I love Chicago-style pizza. Mmmmm....

I also think that... wait...

Mmmmm...

Sorry. I can't think about anything else right now. I'm going to lunch. Later.

Hello, Abigail.

November 29, 2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

I know this is ignorant, but what is the real difference between Chicago style pizza, and say, Papa John's style pizza?

November 29, 2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Look at the pizza. Chicago style is deep dish and hearty. It's cooked for a really long time (you put your order in when you put your name in) and it's phenomenal. I don't understand why you can only get the real deal in Chicago.

Secret word: wfwug. WWF meets Fug.

November 29, 2005 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home