Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Miracles Can Happen

Today is one of those days when even though my lunch meat went really really bad, I am still really really happy.

I got an office. Four walls and a door with a lock.

No one said to me today, "what exactly is going on with your hair?"

I had a free Reduced Fat Blueberry Coffee Cake from Starbucks for breakfast. Free!

Yesterday, I decided that it was brisk enough to wear a sweater and therefore, good enough reason to rip open the winter clothes box all over my bedroom floor even though ALL THE OTHER CLOTHES I OWN were already ALL OVER THE BEDROOM FLOOR.

But that meant that TODAY I got to wear a sweater. A GREEN sweater.

8 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

60 degrees DOES NOT count as "brisk."

i'm wearing a wife beater and i'm warm. i feel like people from chicago should understand that.

gotta go beat the mrs.

October 12, 2005 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it hits 70 I grab a sweatshirt. Native Californian? yes, that would be me.

Abs looked hot in her green sweater. I caught a glimpse as she and I went about our frantic ways in McNally today.

October 12, 2005 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Office party! Woooo!

October 13, 2005 1:05 AM  
Blogger scott said...

I don't think it's fair to call those shirts wife beaters. To imply that we all wear those types of shirts makes me really angry. Really, really angry.

I need to run home for a second.

Hello.

secret word: nhvmmce (the acronym for a battered women's organization of some sort. Their motto is, "If you batter us, we'll fry you.")

October 13, 2005 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is still t-shirt weather in Georgia. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and go outside because then, and only then, is it cool enough for long sleeves.

October 13, 2005 7:47 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Does anyone know what happens when Abigail opens boxes, suitcases, packages, drawers.....?

Have you ever started a blender withoug the lid?

Never permit cats to carry treats into Abigail's room.

code word: mnrvw (talking with my mouth full here)

October 13, 2005 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand why everyone is saying code words.

But what that guy Scott said was really funny.

And the paragraph (GRAF!) about clothes all over the floor made me laugh aloud. (In Panera.) See you in a week.

October 13, 2005 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the opening of winter clothes boxes (plural intended) to be an Event in itself, which would lead to a lot of wishful thinking involving drastic weather changes. And the complete disappearance of the floor.

October 13, 2005 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home