Saturday, October 01, 2005

Catch-up isn't really my sport

Dear Internet,

I've missed you. There is so much that has happened in the last several days that I wanted to write about but I couldn't. I couldn't because it was about work or it was about boys or it was about people who read my blog. Sometimes it may have been all three combined.





See how I just did that? See how now you are so curious? That's why I couldn't write about it. I also couldn't write because I was too tired. Too tired to think straight, too tired to walk straight, too tired to even complain to Starbucks about how they made my drink wrong.

Lauren and I sat today, in the heat, complaining a lot. We like to complain. You might say it's our love language. Maybe it's our favorite way to communicate. It went something like this:

"I have so much homework."
"You have a lot of homework!?! Look at this whole study guide I have to do! For one test! It's so long!"
"Omigosh, that is long! I can't believe how much homework I have. We have to do homework."
"Yeah, we have to do homework."
"I have so much."
"Let's go somewhere to study. But it has to be air-conditioned."
"Yeah, and I don't want to spend money."
"Yeah. I'm tired."
"I have so much homework."
"I'm so tired."

Then, two hours later we wandered over here to a new Starbucks which is, consequently, like all the other Starbucks except they make worse drinks.

I tried to do homework.

Every week a friend of mine asks me if I've read such-and-such book and it's a new book EVERY WEEK. I always say, hesitantly, no. See, when I read a book it all sounds vaguely familiar and I start to wonder if I've read it before or if the author plagiarized the plot line and then I realize OH WAIT, LAUREN HAS ALREADY TOLD ME ALL ABOUT THIS WHOLE BOOK. So I just don't read anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Abigail, you were wrong. Complaining isn't my love-language. REPEATING EVERYTHING I HEAR OR READ IS.

Too bad you're reading that book for class and have to actually read it. If I can make you understand what pain-killers do to your synapses and get you to visualize your nervous system in less than 2 minutes, surely I could explain that book.

Oh wait, I already did.

Secret word: doogmy - the rad new replacement for "dooby."

October 01, 2005 9:03 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

It's MORNING! and the caffeine is kicking in! And Lauren, I DO know what happens with the receptors in my dentrites!

Ghee, although I do not study as much as you, I think (2 years later) I have finally learned effective study techniques. Of course, it has taken an entry level course at a community college to train me... duh! Not me - duh! The way my TIU degree program is presented - that's the big "WTF are you guys doing anyway?"

God, thank you for drugs!

And my password is some hybrid eastern European-bordering on one of the "ikstan" countries or China - word: yixuzojs...

October 02, 2005 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home