Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Side Room (or The Boyfriend Club, part 1)

One of the boyfriends is here for the weekend. He's got frisbee gear and computer gear and skills. Not just regular boyfriend skills. Trading Spaces skills. It's like he walked out of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and into our house with swatches and paint samples.

He came just in time too. Just in time to rescue us from the disaster that is, insert dramatic pause, The Side Room.

The Side Room is this malignant tumor off our living room where we put all the reject furniture. We're talking old school recliners-- the kinds with twelve different parts and impossible to move. It isn't a real shape either. An irregular polygon, if you will. A trapezoid... almost. Two of the walls are robin egg's blue thanks to the previous tenants. And it needed a vision.

Boyfriend rescued us. We sat around, staring at it, burnt out on robin's egg blue and the polygon and he just started talking.

"We could give it a Starbucks feel. Get some panels for this wall. I've been watching a lot of HGTV lately."

He and Emily spent all day shopping. There is gear. And tonight, after we all go to sleep Boyfriend and Emily will redecorate The Side Room. Like elves they will come in the night and redeem the tumor.

I wish elves came every night. And I wish Boyfriend would makeover all our rooms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! Could you send Boyfriend to my house too? Um... but can you tell me when he is coming? Last time I woke up and there was an elf in my bedroom, it really freaked me out.

September 18, 2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger heather said...

People, she left out the best part--the part where she came and got me out of the shower this morning to show me the blue room. Her eyes were so so wide--Christmas Morning Wide, and she was giddy. So giddy. The elves brought their magic to more than the malignant tumor--they brought it to our hearts.

September 18, 2005 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home