Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mobilized

My dear friend and neighbor and all around favorite person, Lauren, has been called by the Red Cross and will be in Texas within 24 hours.

We're really glad it's Texas and not Louisiana because they told her during training that you needed to be ready for gators and sharks in LA (they think it escaped from the aquarium?).

Please pray that surprises aren't common, that she can help where needed, and that her group can travel and work together. Also, pray that when she comes back she will be able to catch up with school work and assimilate back into university life.

Also, this is small but she really needs a small sleeping bag so if you're in the area and have one please let us know. If you're not in the area you can pray for that too. If she doesn't get one she'll be sleeping on a sheet (or "cotton pocket" as they like to call it at the Red Cross). Sleep is important when you're working 16 hour days.

5 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

do we know when she leaves yet?

and yes, i could have just leaned out the window and asked you this, but i'm all about upping your non-spam comment count. even though im not as exotic as your readers in europe.

September 07, 2005 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No word yet.

Also, she got a sleeping bag that takes up about 2 inches. It's amazing. She got some other serious gear too so thanks everyone. I'll comment again when I know more.

September 08, 2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

good post. Just passing through, cool blog by the way.

September 08, 2005 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts on the humanity critic:

I don't believe you. I think you would say that no matter what. You went to Heather's blog and left the same message there. Why comment if you're just passing through? Didn't you ever go camping? You're supposed to leave things the way you found them.

(This gives me an even greater appreciation for my real commenters. Thanks, guys.)

Also, I heard today that Lauren received flight info but I haven't heard anything from her yet.

September 08, 2005 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren will not be going anymore. Once they finally called with flight information they said she wouldn't be flying out until Saturday. Friday was the latest day she could leave.

Students will still be going though and they're going to Alabama. Red Cross isn't guaranteeing food or water for them and they had to sign all these waivers about snakes.

Also, I feel like I should clairify my angst towards humanity critic. I understand that it is blog spam but this kind is personal, not computer-generated. This guy actually went through blogs and commented. I think that's just low.

September 09, 2005 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home