Saturday, August 27, 2005

My name is Abigail and I save everything

A serious question for my blogging community:

During the course of unpacking (which is, I'm discovering, at least a three-month process) I have found numerable hooded sweatshirts. These are not just any hooded sweatshirts, though--they're sentimental. I have several from high school, as well as a couple from college. Sports teams, seniors, floor names. One has the name of every girl in my graduating class on the back. Another has a pun that only makes sense to 20 people on this earth. However, I don't live in the Midwest and I'm not in high school so I don't really have a need for twelve hooded sweatshirts.

Do I store them for memory's sake or do I give them away?

8 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Give it away. Seriously, simplify your life - you'll always have the memories, you don't need the sweatshirt.

August 27, 2005 8:52 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Good point, Lauren. Toss em, Ghee.

But keep one.

Besides which, your bro got another 10 from Honey ROck.

mom

August 27, 2005 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could make them into a blanket of memories... that's what I'm doing with a big stack of sentimental T-shirts I have.

Or, you could store them in the back of your spiffy vehicle for College Spontaneous trips to the beach :)

August 28, 2005 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never, ever, under any circumstance, should you get rid of hoodies. That's just me talking, but it's an absolute truth.

August 29, 2005 7:29 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I totally support Alisa's suggestion of the blanket. :)

August 30, 2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I have made a decision. When the Jerm comes to visit next week I will see which ones he wants. The remaining will go into my backseat emergency kit in my car.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

August 30, 2005 8:04 PM  
Blogger heather said...

by "backseat emergency kit" do you mean several boxes of wine coolers, a ridiculously large corona, and a loaf of albertsons bread?

September 01, 2005 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get rid of them. ever. i just threw mine away last week after dragging my blue, fraying hoodie through 6 states over 8 years.
i did it in the name of simplification and i regretted it the minute i walked away.
my blue hoodie had several wholes. everywhere. inside, outside, in the hood, on the hood, in the left hand pocket, and in the ribbing. i drove it from boise to cannon beach and we lived together 4 months.
i drove it back to boise. then back to oregon 2 years later.
4 years went by and i moved again. only this time i didn't move accross a state border, i moved accross town. and that's when i threw it away.

September 06, 2005 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home