Thursday, August 25, 2005

Baditude is spelled with a capital B

Let's just say the highlight of the class was when Heather leaned over and informed me that the Lumiere brothers in French is Les Lumiere Freres. And by class I mean the mistake I made that I will be dropping ASAP.

I think I can say this for the first time: at least it made for good blog material.

There are about forty people in this class. Forty people, half of whom are ecstatic about this opportunity to learn. They look around, wide-eyed and ready to embrace the knowledge about to be bestowed upon us. And I look around ready to quit everything because graduating just isn't worth this class.

Sitting only seven inches from me was the Smarm Fungus. He got his red nylon shorts at Wal-Mart for $4 he announced. In fact, his whole outfit cost that much--the neon orange flip flops and brown, holy shirt were free. I'm assuming the mustache was free too. And by mustache I mean, I so badly wish I had a camera phone because this stache is so phenomenally awful that I am would drop this class simply to avoid it.

Small group discussion assignment:
What are the three most influential inventions contributing to communication?

Mp3s were actually suggested. I said the printing press and several people looked at me like a crazy person. Printing press? As in paper? How would that be influential? My iPod can't even hook up to that.

And of course there was the token Republican. In response to the describe-the-media query he said: liberal, anti-Bush, anti-Christian. He said some other things but the stache was too loud for me to hear.

It was a Who's Who of everyone I've ever had a class with and everyone I've ever hated in my major.

"So what did you do all summer?"
"Laid out mostly." Ha ha.

I've received clearance to drop it. Amen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stache. That is so funny. I, too, wish you had a camera phone.

August 26, 2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

really?

August 26, 2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

This is all true. I didn't even mention the girl who's cell phone has rang during EVERY SINGLE CLASS I have had with her during the past three years or the chick that actually has those furry pens that Elle Woods uses in Legally Blonde.

I also omited the "nikelodean" we watched made circa 1900. A man showing off his muscles. No joke. Unlike my life.

August 26, 2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger heather said...

You failed to mention that the man showing off his muscles was wearing A LOIN CLOTH.

our major is a joke.

August 26, 2005 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home