Sunday, August 21, 2005

Color Wheel

I was marking her last day on my iCal as I reminder to write a heart-felt card and gear up for her departure. And absent-mindedly I selected the blue label from the drop down menu. Blue for Friends and Family.

And I'm not sure exactly when she changed from Green to Blue but somewhere in there I learned I didn't mind telling her about my own job-aside life and I loved hearing about hers. And our relationship became less about her asking me to return calls and update the database and more about what we did over the weekend and can you believe what happened?

On September 2 she will move across the country to do what she really wants to do. She'll leave me here doing what I wanted to do three years ago. Maybe I'll catch up to her in a couple months. We'll both remember how we really did have the best jobs. It was just the wrong time.

And I really didn't mind getting up at 8 a.m. for Green and even if I follow her, Green will never be the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home