Sunday, August 07, 2005

My mother is so lucky

She was probably in seventh grade, small, tan, pretty and at the mall with her parents for back-to-school clothes and a new pair of shoes. She wanted a white skirt that cost as much as the car payment. It was rather undersized and her mom said no, you could almost see her underwear.

Her younger brother asked her if she could even walk in a skirt that short. But she insisted it was the same length as the four-ruffle skirt she was wearing and that she had to have it. She would try it on for her parents when they got home, just not now. Her mother, unyielding, said, "I may not be young and skinny, but I know how to use a ruler."

In the end, I think she got the skirt. I recognized the tricks, but my mother should really thank me because I never used them to buy slutty clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home