Saturday, July 30, 2005

It seemed like a good idea

We were out of toilet paper. Four days out of toilet paper and I figured I should give in and rescue me and my housemates from impending doom. You can only hold it until you get to work for so many days.

So I stood there, in the toilet paper aisle trying to make the hardest decision of the week: what kind? There was two ply, three ply, no ply; extra thick, extra soft, extra crunchy; 4 rolls, 6 rolls, 12 rolls, 24 rolls.

And there it was, my shining star: double ply, textured, 12 pack. Only $2.49. That is cheaper than Coldstone, people. So I bought it. I felt warm inside; I was doing something good for the whole, I was saving us from impending doom.

Well, I was tricked. I really shouldn't have been--it was only $2.49. These rolls have about nine sheets each. Nine textured, double-ply sheets. I am not kidding when I say that we go through one roll a day. One Per Day.

I feel guilty. I feel as if consumerism got me. That I was eaten by the WalMart RollBack Smile guy and may never recover.

I should just go back to stealing toilet paper from work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

A little tip from another house full of girls:
Smart & Final sells these boxes of 85 rolls of toilet paper. The box is so big we have to keep it in the garage. We haven't had to go back and buy toilet paper in months. Seriously.

July 30, 2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

We have no garage! All we have is a freakin side yard and don't even get me started on that.

July 30, 2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger Andrew M. Bailey said...

No garage, eh? Welcome to America. =)

July 30, 2005 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home