Thursday, July 14, 2005

Boyfriends

"Who needs a boyfriend when I have you?" she said to me. We were sitting in my car after the movie, laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. We almost peed our pants.

You see, I look like Amanda Peet if I bunch my face up real small and making kissing motions. She was pretty sure I looked nothing like Amanda Peet but I promise you, I do. She thinks that if she holds her jaw just right she looks like Jennifer Garner. I said she looked more like Paris Hilton.

And that was the humor of it all.

I knew her boyfriend once. He wasn't good, but he made her happy. She would laugh so hard with him and I never got the jokes and I don't think he'd find our jokes funny.

And she is better without him and she tells herself that I am just as good. But my jokes will never match up.

At least I try.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

who, who, who is it????

July 15, 2005 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home