Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Laughter

My anger stays with me and it comforts me. My laughter does the same.

I live my life freely. I do what I want, when I want. I love fully, I remember everything, and I treaure what I have. Anger is my closest company and laughter is my favorite friend. They are not at war. They are shampoo and conditioner. Key and lock.

I have found myself in a place abounding with laughter and no where to put it. I want to laugh all day long, every day. When I am not yelling, I am want to be laughing. And I can't.

I sit in a room, behind a computer, expected to be quiet and listen. My voice, only a small one, among many others and my stifled sounds, loud among the quiet, make me feel neither laughter nor angry.

I want to break free, like in the Coke song. I want to laugh loud around a dinner table. Now, I just wait for some lame play-on-words groaner and laugh vicariously. Waiting for that moment is like drinking that Coke and having to hold it in ... all day. And when I try to stifle my laughter, I rub my dimples ... hoping to rub away the laughter.

Lord, never let my life be so constrained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home