Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Few More (hopefully final) Thoughts On Being Sick

Cough syrup is not unlike doing shots. Same amount of poison. It hurts going down. Shortly thereafter you feel infinitely better. Five and a half hours later you feel awful. Rinse and repeat.

Also, it must be mentioned that my job is Very Important. So important that at all times I, and the integrity of my job, are protected by security surveillance. That's right, little cameras watch me all day long. This makes it both challenging to blow my nose effectively and do syrup shots. On a good day, it makes it hard to pick a wedgie. Or make any mistake at all.

Imagine someone watching you all day long. All. Day. Long. Maybe that's why I'm sick.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

Sounds very Big Brother. Kinda scary!

August 31, 2005 7:33 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Emily,

"Even though it is now legal for you to drink, it is not legal for you to drink and drive. ... Drive defensely, always wear your seatbelt and never forget that drinking and driving are a lethal combination."

Kelly,

Glad you're here and glad you've decided to stay. And I'm also glad a mystery-solving adventure just happened. I'm always a sucker for those.

August 31, 2005 7:57 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

If I was watched every second of the day I think my quality of work would be improved immensely. That, and I'd never EVER get around to answering any personal emails. :)

August 31, 2005 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello! Your blog is so great. Have you had any good quesidillas lately? I am sure I spelled that wrong! Okay I have to leave the library now (see my blog).

LATER

August 31, 2005 4:57 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

a) I just realized that I was brilliant in naming you Abigail.. It just occured to me that it's almost as good as Aaaaah in alphabetical line up....You're always FIRST! Yay me! Yay You!

b) When did people start calling California that twitty name "Cali"? Good Lord! I thought it was the same crew who would visit San Francisco from out of state and refer to it as "Frisco" and I would have to calmly - I mean do some lamazz breathing calming my nerves and heartrate, calmly say, "We don't call it that, it's either THE City ( which got very confusing for me when I moved to Chicago and learned the it is also, THE City...) or it's San Francisco", but only dweebs call it Frisco. Argh. Okay, have I alienated your friends?
Mother Sal

September 01, 2005 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home