Saturday, October 08, 2005

This is a blog post for my mom and Heather, who three times today alone has said, "If I don't win that freakin contest we are so in fight"

I just finished a conversation with my mom during which she told me exactly what she was wearing when she went on her walk today and what exactly she made for dinner ("Aren't I a good mom?" "Yes, you are quite the Suzy Homemaker.").

I called her because she left me the following message this afternoon:

"Where are you? I haven't heard from you in a while and I don't know where you are. I saw you posted on Lauren's blog yesterday... call me."

"I haven't heard from you in a while" means "why the hell haven't you updated your blog, daughter?"

I haven't updated because I've been up to my ears in phone messages like that and comments demanding updates and contest results.

Thus I present to you the contest results:

Heather

1. Correct! One point!

2. Way to quote the movie again. 2 points. Use of the French language. 2 points. Use of bad language. 2 points. You receive the full six points.

3. Well since this is plausible, fun, and involves both David Duchovny and Starbucks, it wins! 2 points.

One bonus point for You've Got Mail discussion.

Total: 10 points.

Lauren

1. Zero points.

2. You understood the question correctly and mentioned both Friends and chicken. Six points.

3. This doesn't count as a suggestion. Zero points.

Total: 6 points.

Ace

1. Zero points.

2. Interesting suggestion and you used the rule of threes for your verbs so... 4 points.

3. Tickets to a play aren't really in my price range.

Heather Anne

1. Despite not answering the question, you did use bad language and mention Starbucks. 2 points.

2. Yes yes yes on the kissing. 6 points.

3. Well, you stole someone else's idea so zero points here.

One bonus point for You've Got Mail discussion.

Total: 9 points.

Shepherd

Did you not understand the game at all? Zero points.

And you insulted the game. Zero points.

Total: Negative points.

And the winner is ....


duh duh duh

(keep scrolling)
(remember those chain letter emails that made you scroll and scroll and scroll?)


HEATHER DODDS WITH 10 POINTS.

Oh, and for those still waiting in suspense, it was so cold that Sally had to wear two turtlenecks, an underarmour, two scarves, and a big jacket. And it was spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. See? Suzy Homemaker.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Ok, you have GOT to be kidding me that I only got six points. This is a joke.

NEED I REMIND YOU WE ARE IN A CARPOOL GROUP ON SUNDAYS?

The next time we talk on the phone, believe you me, I'm going to breathe into it like you've never heardbefore. Beware.

October 08, 2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger heather said...

To Abigail:

Thank you. We are soooo going to party.
(Didn't you read Lord of the Rings in high school?
No. I had sex in high school).


To Lauren the Hurricane Breather:

Please come with us to stalk the celebrities.

October 09, 2005 12:21 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

No threats from me, none at all.

The 'winner' in me, sits back and says : "Next pop quiz, I'll cream them all!" =)

The Creativity Neurons will run wild.

Cheers,

October 09, 2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I am sooooo out of it! I get some of it, but not a lot of it.... is this sort of like what happens when you start to age? Oh, yeah, that's what I am doing.

Ya know what? My sister (ask Mssss Abigail about her).. is coming to visit in 10 days. A time of reconciliation and NEW adventures. I have a feeling, being a coffee house kinda girl, she and I might take walks up there on cold midwestern days and sit and schmooooze. The point of the babbling? I too might be able to interject "Starbucks" into every other sentence!

Buh bye

October 09, 2005 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I didn't participate, can I come to Starbucks in Malibu, too? Pretty please??

October 09, 2005 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I respectfully second the suggestion that next quiz be less gender-specific and more male-inclusive.

October 09, 2005 3:37 PM  
Blogger heather said...

I hereby nominate the motion that the quiz presented by Ms. Schilling was, in fact, appropriately geared toward male audiences in that it featured a Lindsay Lohan film, and her breasts, pre-weight loss. I'm just saying, they're right there.

And also, only one question was geared toward fans of Freaky Friday. By denouncing the gender-specific validity of the other two questions that could be answered purely by creative faculties, you are implying that only women possess said creative capabilities. Do you want to box yourself in like that? Do you?

October 09, 2005 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hangs head in defeat*

October 09, 2005 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1)I'll concede topical relevance to *most* males, since I think Lindsay Lohan, pre- or post-weight loss, is gross.

2) I'm content to own my lack of creativity.

October 10, 2005 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home