Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Eyebrows, Revisited

This blog post is for my mother who keeps complaining that she "doesn't get" my blog. Today was the day to get my eyebrows waxed again. You might remember previous experiences in this department and the dissatisfaction I had with the whole affair. Well, some things never change.

It's only been eight weeks since I was waxed. That is only two more than the recommended amount and I would have gone two weeks ago but my life was a little crazy. Actually, a lot crazy.

In I waltz and she says, "where have you beeeeeeeeeen?"

I ignore her.

"It's beeeeeeeen awhile, hasn't it?"

I nod.

"Do you leeeeve farrrr?"

Well there's an awkward question. If I say yes then I'm telling her that I would travel all over the greater Los Angeles area to get her to do my eyebrows. If I say no then she will yell at me about why I didn't come sooner? I mumbled unintelligible things.

"Hmmm, just the eyebrows or the lip too?"

Just the wax or do you want the tip too?
NO, NOT THE LIP. I HATE YOU.

Then she proceeded to wax and pluck and craft away.

Finally, she said, "I'm sorry theeeeesss is taking so long, I'm just ... shaping."

There's a reason she charges half as much as Mystic Surf Barbie. (And speaking of Barbie, the comments from the first brows post have landed many a reader here who googled "biggest boobs in the world." Sick. Oh and don't go search it now.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Girrrrrrrrl! Now you're talking stuff I get! Mystic Surf Barbie, biggest boobs in the whole world... which, btw, how come you didn't wait till Mindy next week?

December 21, 2005 7:18 PM  
Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

I was drinking a Sprite when I read this, and I spit it all over the moniter.

Once I had this friend who went to get her lip waxed and they ripped all the skin off between her nose and her lip. ALL THE SKIN! She tried to cover it up with makeup, but it looked like a chocolate milk mustache for weeks.

December 22, 2005 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather Anne! That is gross! I don't like stories where people lose skin ... they're almost as bad as those stories about people who eat a bad burrito at Taco Bell and a few weeks later roach babies are born in their mouth.

December 22, 2005 7:07 AM  
Blogger Wordy said...

The first time I went to get my eyebrows waxed, I found myself face to face with a frowning woman who said "Ohhhh.....so MUCH," and began to pet my eyebrows like they were a pair of small dogs.

Also, I hate it when they ask the "lip too?" question.

December 22, 2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

YOU GUYS! My dog becomes rather upset when I laugh this hard!

And, Kathy, aren't they all frowning because they're upside down? Except for Mindy because her boobs get in the way. So she's always right side up.

December 22, 2005 12:27 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

I am terrified of 'The Eye Brow Shaping Ladies' because of my nasty experiences. The first time I went, I came back with 1.5 eyebrows, seriously.

December 22, 2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Jenn, nothing to do with anything, but Heather told me you finished Half Blood Prince, and I just wanted to say, well, it'll get better. I know it hurts now, but in a few days, or a few weeks, (or in Heather's case, a few months) and you'll start to feel like yourself again.

In the meantime, we (the Potter Acoholics) are here for you.

December 23, 2005 5:22 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

Ahem. Jennifer (my sister) meant that comment for another blog. She was offering moral support to someone who just finished Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. She just offered it in the wrong place. (If any of you need moral support, she's here for you.)

December 23, 2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

btw everyone...... I think I might just start maintaining my blogger blog and not my xanga. Call me a brat who likes the girls down the street better.

cod word: "upkeiyy"

December 23, 2005 5:12 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

*chuckles* :D

December 23, 2005 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home