Thursday, November 10, 2005

Seriously, seriously, LIBERAL ARTS? What is that?!?

Hey, Abigail, is it true that you actually won't graduate because you can't finish an 8-page article on bipedalism?"

Yes, yes, that might be true.

But that seems dumb. Just finish the article.

Because if I finish this article then I have to read another and I when I finish that article I have to read another and if I read from here until the end of time then maybe, MAYBE, I will graduate. And WHY WHY WHY are there so many damn theories about hominids? Why must I know them?

I have read about cannibalism, I have read about evolution, I have read about apes and monkeys and tools and tribe structures and violence and more tools and OH MY GOD THIS DISCOVERY IN THE RIFT IS CHANGING THE FACE OF EVOLUTION AS WE SPEAK.

Seriously. The Tuang baby is saying more than they could have ever imagined. And the ramidius? It's big toe is turned off to the side even though his ankle is UPRIGHT.

And then found some great fossil in 1995 that just might CHANGE THE FACE OF EVOLUTION some more but it takes a really long time to chip away the dirt.

Also, it took a long time for the world to form. Evolution is measure in "m.y.a." or million years ago. Tuang baby lived 3 to 3.5 m.y.a. and this most recent discover is as young as 2 m.y.a. and they found this crazy crazy thing that shows bipedalism over 1 m.y.a. BEFORE the hominids moved to the SAVANNA.

My life is a joke.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

That's why?

code word: iurywzx (could they be at the end of code letter combinations)?

November 10, 2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger heather said...

are you really not going to graduate in december?

November 10, 2005 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would dance a jig if the code words were explained.

November 11, 2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

You know how you have to type in a word verification when you post a comment? If you can think of something witty for the letter combination, then it becomes a code word. I can never think of anything witty. I'm not cool like the other Heather.

For example, my code word right now is: idijzz. Now I can think of something quite perverse here, but nothing witty.

So I just leave it.

Now, let's see that jig.

November 11, 2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

hey, I posted more...

also I am posting exclusively stories on my blogspot.

I would appreciate any feedback.
be harsh, I know you can.

November 11, 2005 1:44 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Hey, Heather Anne, since when do we pass out our code word decipher kit to people who post "anonymous"? That person could be???? a spy?

November 11, 2005 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home