Sunday, November 06, 2005

We Used To Be Boyfriend-Girlfriend

The seasons are a-changing. They've debuted the "holiday drinks" at Starbucks, we've started watching Love Actually on repeat, and we're going to go shopping for a Christmas tree soon.

The seasons are a-changing. Today my dear Jeni became betrothed to the Boyfriend. We (Jeni and I) met over three years ago in the Student Union Building. I had flown in that morning, her parents had dropped her off that afternoon and we were about to begin the wonderful adventure of college. I never believed those people who said they met someone and it just "clicked" until I met Jeni.

Bart came into our lives a year ago although he likes to think he'd been plotting it all along. He bought me chocolates and flowers because he wanted to date her (this is something the rest of the guys should have learned). I judged him because that's what friends are supposed to do. Then he just bought me more flowers and more chocolate.

He called me three weeks ago and said, "November 6th, Huntington Gardens, save the date and get the girls, I think you know what's going down."

And down it went. We all spied from the perch at the Japanese Gardens and my eyes were defiled when I saw them KEhhsss. (She said "yes").

Now we get to plan a wedding and register and shop shop shop and I LOVE parties. And cake.

So that is that and this is them (if I had to see it, you do too):



Oh, and Bart, she's really picky about light bulb wattages and mayonnaise. Just FYI.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

Congrats, Jeni! Here come the Bride Magazines. :)

November 07, 2005 6:11 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

so weet, so growing up, it makes me weep with joy and memories.

Thanks, girls.

Happy girls...

November 08, 2005 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home