Thursday, November 03, 2005

Anatomy of a Bad Day

From the vault. I'm working on cleaning up all the hand-written blog posts on napkins and checkbooks and French notes. Perhaps I'll debut one a week.



1. Fall asleep night before to 2 Very Loud Boys arguing over whose girlfriend is prettier.

2. Wake up at 7 a.m. to do homework for two hours before going to work.

3. While inside coffee shop, breathe smoke because the smoking patron, while smoking outside, is smoking directly outside the door and blowing the smoke back into the establishment.

4. Endure 20 minutes of conversation with chatting ken because maybe he is interested in a date.

5. Decide he is so boring that you are not interested in a date at minute 21.

6. Find out he is married at minute 23.

7. Withdraw into book in order to discourage the conversation. Ken keeps on chattering.

8. Get nothing done during two hour pre-work study time due to boring, married ken.

9. Eat chocolate for breakfast. Realize that chocolate, the one food you can tolerate, is causing your throat to swell.

9. Deal with dumb people at work. There was some significant eye-rolling today on the part of several students.

10. Drive in traffic back to coffee place to do second two hour study time.

11. Get immense headache because you haven't eaten anything all day.

12. Get orange chicken from Panda Express. Also causes throat to swell.

13. Car won't start. Must get towed.

14. Unfortunately, you are far from where you need to be in 4o minutes and you are the only one with the Very Important Handouts.

16. It is 92 degrees. Very Cute Outfit gets soaked in sweat.

Summer 2005

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

Wait. What? Chocolate causes your throat to swell? Tell me it was just a summer fluke. Poor, poor, Abigail!

November 04, 2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger scott said...

I've decided to be less jokey and more supportive and sensitive when I comment on people's blogs.

Okay hold on... [deep exhale]

You had a bad day? I am so sorry! Would you like to talk about it? I could pray for...[busts up laughing]

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. This is a big adjustment for me. I'll get better. I swear.

Hello, Abigail.

secret word: cjjwb (this was the sound I made when I was trying not to laugh)

November 04, 2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

well, duh, you're allergic to it.

sorry about the bad day.... it's kinda warm here too... Nov 4 and 70 degrees in Chicago. We use to have our first flurries by the end of October....

November 04, 2005 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home