Monday, October 24, 2005

Home tastes like venti non-fat sugar-free vanilla latte no foam with whip

I got up very early this morning to do homework at Starbucks. Starbucks in La Mirada. They had Starbucks in D.C. but it was more expensive and the Internet wasn't free.

The Internet was free at a little place on the hill called Murky Coffee. Murky participates in Barista competitions, has a blog, and this kick ass sign outside. It was cash only and really really crowded for the entire three-hour block I was there. That was the only time I needed cash during my trip and boy, was I willing to spend it.





There was no Internet at the National Arboretum. There was this beautiful fountain which, thankfully, is the Women's National Home and Garden Memorial Fountain. That city seriously had a monument, bench, or fountain for everything.





The wonderful row house on the hill where I spent the weekend:



And here's a picture of The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Who Is Always On The Phone ...



... and says things like "I'm starting to wear more Urban Outfitters because it's more 'my look'" and "I think I was better at doing math in the middle of the night because then I could say I was better at doing math in the middle of the night" and still manages to hold down a real job.



We went to the National Zoo yesterday on the way to the airport. I actually was able to use the bathrooms here. Probably because of these suggestive signs:



While there I heard a boy named Jacob get in trouble.

"Jacob, you have homework to do this weekend?"
Silence.
"Jacob, I asked you on Friday if you had homework and you said no. Remember? You played!"
Silence.
"Jacob, Sunday is NOT a day for homework, it is a day for ..." His mother searched for a while for what Sunday is a day for. "You should do your homework on Friday when it is still fresh in your mind!"
Silence.

Jacob, your mom is right. Sunday is not a day for homework. Monday morning is. I am with you. Fortitude, buddy, fortitude.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

I want Murky Coffee!!! The place sounds awesome!! And wow, you appear to be having a super-duper time! (yes, I said super-duper)

Thats a nice photo of you. And that guy looks cute, and friendly and funny -> Affable. Why don't I run into nice guys...hmmph.

As for homework, yep, Jacob's on the right track. Monday mornings are meant for homework indeed.

Are you in DC for work cum holiday, new job , short stint? I'm confused.

Cheers Abigail,

October 25, 2005 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home