Friday, January 30, 2004

I want a family. I used to have to one about three years ago. Now I just have people I am related to. Tonight Lauren went home for her sister's birthday. Close family-like friends came over. Every birthday then all get together and eat amazing home cooked food and then play cards afterwards. Holidays they celebrate too and somewhere in there they have third Tuesdays and Friday night bingo. I never thought I was into tradition but tonight, as I forced myself to do homework and spend time alone, I ached for family and tradition and everything Lauren was enjoying. Everything everyone enjoys. Kathy has Sunday night dinner and the band comes over and her mom feeds them all. Jeni's mom cooks food every night. Ryan's mom makes him come home almost every weekend. Matt's dad is almost as cute as Matt. And it hurts so much. I feel like an orphan. I want one of these families to adopt me. I want them to invite me to third Tuesdays and band dinners and families. I want to be treated like a daughter by these families. I want to do chores for these families. And I want to live with these families. Nathan got invited to the birthday dinner tonight. I guess thats one of the perks of being a boyfriend. And I guess thats one of the reasons I want a boyfriend. Maybe his family will make me do chores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home