Thursday, April 21, 2005

Winning and Rain

Have you ever wanted to everything all at once? Occasionally, I get this feeling that feels like hard rain sounds. Its hard and fast and you have to run through to stay dry.

But you can't stay dry and you still get wet and sometimes covered in newsprint. When I feel this way, I want to run through everything in my life and act on it. I want to do that homework that was due three weeks and call that friend I haven't talked to in forever because I just lost touch and doodle and watch Friends and start my own newspaper and write a column and go shopping and crawl in to bed and everything in between.

Its a strange but exciting feeling in the middle of my ho-hum days of the simple tasks of ditching class, being stressed, and waiting to hear about some news or other.

I have scored over 100 twice now in my bowling class. This means that the majority of the time, I knocked down the majority of the pins. Winning is exhilarating like the hard rain and the great thing about winning in the hard rain is that you get wet and love it. There is no newsprint covering your fingertips and it doesn't matter anyway.

Right now I want to do everything. I can hear the rain, distantly in Georgia, calling me into the clouds. It doesn't rain nearly enough in La Mirada and for that I am stuck waiting. I am waiting for the clouds to roll in and news of the future and acceptance letters and apartment leases and credit card bills.

My checking account is stable today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home