Monday, November 08, 2004

Monday's Ballad

“Abigail,” she said to me, “I want to marry him. I want to make babies with him and raise them with him… and it’s the first time I have ever fallen in love.” She was on the edge of tears because that suddenly was not going to happen.

I know, dear, I know.

Turns out love is painful and hard and you never learn any of that. You hear about the match made in heaven and the one bedroom cottage and the coincidences and kisses and everything in between. You hear about the fight about the blender and that one time when he thought he might want to be a trial attorney but you always wanted to live in the country.

But what about now? What about when we cry? When we become homesick for somewhere unknown? When we can only lay in grief?

How come we never heard about now?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing. It really makes you think! So, did the first part actually happen or were you inspired elsewhere? Keep up the good posts.

November 24, 2004 11:04 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

The first part actually happened. Kinda. Inspiration is everywhere so its hard to pinpoint. Thanks for posting.. who are you?

November 24, 2004 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited Biola a few weeks ago. A student showed me the school message board system. She wanted to show me all the things that could be done so she went to a girl named Lauren's page. It mentioned your name at the top so we went there also. I saw your blog address on your page so I wrote it down to see what you had to say. Wow, that's a long story for a simple answer!

November 25, 2004 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home